Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Queens Strip

When I last stepped into a New York strip club, I thought I had seen it all. Tall leggy women in lingerie, strutting around, whispering into your ear for a promise of esctasy in exchange for nominal fee of 20 bucks, because apparently that's what professionalism is all about.


Naturally, I was wrong about that, along with many other things like algebra equations, lottery numbers and what women want.

When Hoyes suggested that he take me out for drinks at the strip clubs, I never thought much to greet it with any enthusiasm that would so much as to warrant an erection. From what I've seen, strip clubs are as exciting to me as having my nails painted with kerosene.


Hoyes : "I'm gonna take you to another strip club out in Queens. It's gonna to be wicked."

I already had it all played out in my head. Instead of walking in to some plush room behind the grand line of velvet ropes, decorated with leather seats and Victorian paintings, I'd probably be walking in to a bar with the equivalent whiff of decadence and whiskey, just without the upmarket fixtures and chic table lamps.

As soon as we turned in to the parking lot, I realised that I was 5 miles from Manhattan, not wearing a kevlar vest and walking into what looked like a massive club. By simple multiplication skills that I picked up from my years in school, I derived the obvious equation from a simple theory.

If,

Space = Capacity and Capacity is a direct correlation to strippers

Then,

Larger space = larger capacity, which also means there are more strippers and hence more boobs.

I am a genius. Everyday I wake up wondering why I never joined NASA because if I did, we would have found aliens by now.

Hoyes : "This is nothing like you've seen in Manhattan. If you like asses, this is the bomb!"

Even if he never told me, I would have figured that out because there wasn't a strip joint in Manhattan that I've been to that was to this scale. However, in my deep mental soliloquy of mass equations, I failed to notice two very important points.

1. Not only was I the only Asian. I was also probably the only other non-African American.

2. The fact that Hoyes talked incessantly about 'asses'

Naturally I assumed that a country blessed with staging the Victoria Secrets annual shows that they, like every other men I knew would benchmark the perfect ass to anyone who struts down that catwalk. I obviously knew very little about American culture because when I got into the club, I thought I was at a Super Size Me 2 casting call.

Not only did ALL the women have huge asses, but they were booty shaking so hard, I think there was enough ripples on their asses collectively to start a tsunami. And my god, their ass was so dimpled with celluloid, that if the bums were any larger, or if I was smaller, I could walk on them and proclaim it to be the moon.

I stood there, almost petrified because Hoyes insisted that he buy me a lap dance and I couldn't find a single girl in there that could sit on me without causing a possible femur fracture. This place had none of the pleasantries of the other velvet rope lounges that Manhattan gave. Tipping a girl for her dance here meant tossing $1 bills over her as she dances.

The club was littered with bills all over the floor and girls were dry humping everything. Some looked like they were convulsing but generally everyone there could have given Beyonce a run for her money for hip shaking. I don't know the exact term for that, but it's that dance where they shake their asses so vigorously, it looks like they stuck a giant vibrator in them.

It would have been tearfully described as a precarious quandry, had there not been a huge bottle of Grey Goose and Red Bull that made it to the table just as he was about to pick a girl for me.

Me: "Dude, can I do 5 shots of vodka instead?"

Him: "Not your kind of girl here?"

Me: "I'm only picking them if this is a team buffet challenge."

A huge burly guy comes by almost immediately and wrapped his arm around Hoyes. This was the second time in the club that I nearly shat my pants. If Hoyes was going to be strangled, I don't know how I was going to make my way back to Manhattan.

Guy: "Come, let me buy you a dance."

He drags Hoyes to the couch and instantaneously, a girl hops onto his lap. Half the time her ass was inches from his face and half the time he had his face all cringed like he had it soaked in salt water for a year.

This girl shocked me with an apptitude of dexerity I thought I would only see in a gymnast, because she was moving her legs over his head and doing random splits at a phenomenal frequency. If gymnastics weren't such a superficial sport made for lithe figures and buldging biceps, she might have made the national team.

Me: "I guess not your kind of women too huh?"

Hoyes: "No dude, I love phat ass. She just had this weird smell coming off her and I don't know if it was from her ass or pussy but I'm not going to be taking chances."

Me: "Good to know."

Hoyes: "Let's get out of here. I'll take you to another joint where the girls are slim."

So we left the place and headed for the next bar which was a good 10 minute drive. Along the way he assured me that the second place was going to be nothing like the first. I didn't think anything couldn't go below the last joint anyway, because unless we are walking into a farm, any place was better.

The second joint did turn out to be a lot better, but it was almost empty because the place was closing and the girls were going into their final rounds on the podium. When we got there, there was an Asian looking girl on stage that was in the midst of her routine.

We got a drink by the bar and she came by after her dance. Hoyes tipped her a dollar and she turned to smile at me. And smiled. And she stood there for a good minute just smiling at me. I figured she was trying to hint at giving me a lap dance, so I did the only polite thing and declined, because I've learned that nothing really good comes out of a women smiling this much to you at a club.

Me: "No thanks."

She storms off.

Me: "That was friendly."
Hoyes: "Erm, you're actually suppose to tip her a dollar for her dance."

Fuck. I am a disgrace to Chinese across the world. I could well be the cause of Chinese being barred from strip clubs.

10 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant blog post. You have gained a brand-new fan. Pls keep them coming and I look forward to more of your interesting blog posts. I think it is definitely a good bet. You cannot go wrong with this.
lenders for bad credit

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

babyliss pro, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, herve leger, birkin bag, lululemon outlet, bottega veneta, asics shoes, insanity workout, moncler, roshe run, ugg, jimmy choo shoes, ugg outlet, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dresses, canada goose, giuseppe zanotti, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, ugg soldes, uggs outlet, canada goose pas cher, new balance outlet, north face jackets, valentino shoes, instyler ionic styler, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, ghd, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, beats headphones, soccer shoes, uggs on sale, moncler, reebok outlet, nfl jerseys, mont blanc pens, marc jacobs outlet, north face outlet, ugg boots, vans outlet, hollister, moncler, moncler outlet, chi flat iron, celine handbags

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, jordan shoes, nike outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp, tiffany jewelry, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, replica watches, louboutin outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, nike air max, burberry, nike free, chanel handbags, ugg boots, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, christian louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, michael kors, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley pas cher, nike air max, true religion jeans, tn pas cher, coach outlet, nike blazer, vanessa bruno, north face, coach factory outlet, lacoste pas cher, coach outlet, true religion jeans, hollister, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, abercrombie and fitch, vans pas cher, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, burberry, lululemon, air jordan pas cher, michael kors, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, nike roshe run, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, ray ban pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, converse pas cher, coach purses, air max, hermes, sac longchamp, hogan, nike free, true religion outlet, timberland, air force, sac guess, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, hollister pas cher, mulberry, michael kors

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

marc jacobs, doudoune canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, canada goose outlet, moncler, vans, converse, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, hollister, ugg boots uk, barbour jackets, gucci, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, lancel, canada goose outlet, converse outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, barbour, canada goose, links of london, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, coach outlet, moncler, pandora charms, replica watches, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, nike air max, hollister, moncler, pandora jewelry, michael kors handbags, wedding dresses, ugg pas cher, swarovski, karen millen, juicy couture outlet, doke gabbana outlet, montre pas cher, canada goose uk, moncler, toms shoes, louis vuitton, ray ban

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

omega outlet
rolex uk
nike running shoes
tods shoes
michael kors handbags clearance
longchamp handbags
ugg boots on sale
cheap ray ban sunglasses
fitflops outlet sale
louis vuitton bags
michael kors outlet online
oakley sunglasses wholesale
chicago blackhawks
tiffany jewellery
air jordan 13
ugg boots
thomas sabo outlet
michael kors wallet sale
cheap jordan shoes
longchamp handbags outlet
mm1221

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Studio Vaibhava said...

nice post shared
Candid photographers in Bangalore | Candid wedding photography Bangalore

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Studio Vaibhava said...

great article to read Candid photographers in Bangalore | Candid photography Bangalore

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger good days said...



شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Irich photography said...

Useful post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home