Saturday, February 25, 2012

Butterfly Plays Wingman

When I was younger, altruism was hardly a merit I could commend myself with, less so when I have alcohol in me because quite simply, I do not give a shit.

As maturity sips in and time marches to it's own beat, ignoring my protest of a growing waistline and fleeting stamina, I discovered that karma didn't have an expiry and that it's never too late to cultivate good deeds to soothe it's wrath.

That night, I decided I would do the best deed a guy could do for another - heterosexually speaking. To ensure that the friend would score. To play that sacred sidekick so well, that it would make Robin look as useless as an erection would be on a monk. I was going to be THE wingman.

It wasn't so much that DL had crafted the night, but a sheer co-incidence that there were two Koreans that started dancing before us. I was going to start my relationship with my towering bottle of vodka, but DL had other ideas.

DL: "Wing for me, I'm going for the one on the left."

I wasn't going to protest because while they were nothing close to the K-Pop dolls that MTV celebrates so proudly, they were decent looking to say the least. They were horrible dancers to say the least or maybe they had earphones on, but beyond that there was nothing too visually disjointed so long as we weren't juxtaposing them with the other fleet of blonde models at the podium.

The downside to this duo was that the girl I had to talk to spoke as much English as a Russian squirrel, so I spent half the time trying to simplify a sentence and the other half pretending I had any interest or understood what she was saying.

I would quote many instances where more attractive women would pass and I felt dreadfully distracted, but I saw through this horde of red herrings that karma was throwing before me. I was going to make sure that DL was going off with the girl, even if my facial muscles degenerated from all the fake smiling.

6 glasses in and we were ready to leave, despite the continual cajole from the pumping base that occasionally coaxed my feet into a couple of side taps.

Whilst I wasn't the perfect wingman I had thought I would be, I played it to two very simple principles,

1. Distract the female friend
2. Allow my friend to leave with her friend

For that, I figured that I would have to make a slower exit from the club and leave as much distance between DL with the girl and me. By simple rationale, I derived that distance in this equation, was directly proportional to the success rate.

When we finally got out, DL was already holding the girls hand about 20 paces infront of me. the other started tapping my arm and pointed fervently to her friend and verbalized what I thought was her excitement in Korean - which other than the words 'Nobody nobody but you', I understood nothing of.

I thought maybe she wanted me to hold her hands as well, but the tapping got harder and her string of Korean sentences got louder and more intensed. She was freaking out, over her friend holding hands with what would have been a stranger 6 drinks ago. I didn't know if she was a virgin, a nun or 11 years old but it just got ridiculous.

Then DL made the quick move. Blindingly swift and confident, he ushered himself with the girl into the cab and it made a beeline for infamy. I was left with a confused Korean, still trying to figure out why her friend had left her behind.

I had to contend with the next 5 minutes of what seemed like repetitive questioning from a 3 year old.

Kgirl: "Where my friend?"
Me: "She went back with my friend."
Kgirl: "No.. where my friend?"

It went on and on. In exactly the same question and reply structure, but with varying intensity or agitation and tone. I finally offered to send her back home because she was staying just within 15 mins walking distance from my place and I figured that was the only righteous thing I could do.

Worst.Decision.Ever

For the entire duration of the cab ride, she hounded me to call DL when I found it weird on why she didn't want to call her friend instead. When we got back, she insisted that I accompany her up to see if her friend was back. I didn't know which part of "Your friend is at my friend's place" did she not understand, but maybe that was her excuse to lure me into her home to rape me.

30 mins later, I found myself at the lobby still trying to explain to her that her friend was with my friend.

Probably with 86 "Where is my friend?" questions later, I blew it.

Me: "YOUR FRIEND IS FUCKING MY FRIEND!!!"

And I yelled it with full hip thrusting gestures, hoping to paint the most carnal visual possible to her. She went ballistic.

Kgirl: "NOOOOOO!!!"

Me: "YES!! THEY ARE FUCKING! RIGHT NOW! FUCKING AT HIS HOUSE!!"

Kgirl: "Noooo. Call him now!"

ME: "He is not going to pick up, because HE IS FUCKING HER NOW!"

I started walking off and she continued trailing behind me. Shocked, obviously tired, but still hysterical and still asking me the call him. At some point, I was almost convinced that she was going to follow me home. The last I looked back, she was standing by the road and that was it.

The next day, I called DL.

Me: "Dude, if there was an award for best wingman, I'm winning it. You owe me dude, you have no idea what I had to put up with."


10 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not your best post but that's because you didn't dedicate it like you said you would, try harder!

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Funny post

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, I hope you are not serious about the hip-thrusting part. That will have been awesome! I am really curious about her expression on her face right at that moment!

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These kind of outstanding frames have crafted for you to the [url=http://www.dalinsell.co.uk/]ugg Boots sale[/url]
promising require for the finish users particularly involving cold locations where by taking care of body's temperature is important as well as heat is truly the basic requirement. All these lavish and cool boots will be pleasing and tag their personal advent for virtually any function. Bundled together with genuine sheepskin these are highly applauded in between various other known footwear's. [url=http://www.mpboots.co.uk/]cheap ugg Boots[/url]

Also, being at the retailers itself you can check the piece completely for genuineness. So a fantastic thought to uncover cheap UGG boots for women and guys is at an after season sale. Most of the outlets have such end of the season sales, which is the finest time to uncover a pair of discount UGG boots.
Let' s acquire a look. Australia things starting to be developed obtainable to purchasers, normally through on-line www.dalinsell.co.uk
Cheap Uggs Boots websites, auction net internet internet sites and trade boards. Why would most people choose to wear Australian sheepskin boots each and every day?. Both females and males are getting the necessity to need a couple of pairs of boots since there are now a lot of colors accessible and styles for the boots so folks tend to have them pair with their outfits. Certainly, men and women are spending a lot of cash for their boots. If you are wondering exactly where you could get a good pair of boots at a less expensive rate, you can check discount offers before or immediately after Christmas and throughout New Year sales, these are the usual dates exactly where malls around the world provide discount rates for their things.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley pas cher, nike air max, true religion jeans, tn pas cher, coach outlet, nike blazer, vanessa bruno, north face, coach factory outlet, lacoste pas cher, coach outlet, true religion jeans, hollister, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, abercrombie and fitch, vans pas cher, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, burberry, lululemon, air jordan pas cher, michael kors, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, nike roshe run, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, ray ban pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, converse pas cher, coach purses, air max, hermes, sac longchamp, hogan, nike free, true religion outlet, timberland, air force, sac guess, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, hollister pas cher, mulberry, michael kors

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

marc jacobs, doudoune canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, canada goose outlet, moncler, vans, converse, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, hollister, ugg boots uk, barbour jackets, gucci, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, lancel, canada goose outlet, converse outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, barbour, canada goose, links of london, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, coach outlet, moncler, pandora charms, replica watches, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, nike air max, hollister, moncler, pandora jewelry, michael kors handbags, wedding dresses, ugg pas cher, swarovski, karen millen, juicy couture outlet, doke gabbana outlet, montre pas cher, canada goose uk, moncler, toms shoes, louis vuitton, ray ban

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice article
Catalogue Design Sydney

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

great post, thanks for sharing
Creative Agency Sydney

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice
Creative Agency Sydney

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Selfless said...

I'm now 22 years old and after remembering some games I used to play again then 7 years back, MapleStory 2 Mesos, I decided to try MapleStory after which I saw this message in my friend:This is David, the one who died, his name was shhab.

Sometimes people surprise you at the ways. I have had my guild since 2009 and I read the bbs of the past and the people . 1 person has passed on from a car accident since that time. She had a gorgeous heart. I look at it and her chief was kept by us from the guild and think of the things that might have been. She had been smart sad she had her whole life before her. However, we have to always remember the great times. Those who have passed on before us live on through us, Maplestory M Mesos Buy. Your buddy is watching you over as mine is currently watching over my bf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home