Monday, May 24, 2010

Thank You For Not Talking

There are times when we should be allowed personal space and total silence, like when we are in the toilet, cab rides, on the verge of suicide and most importantly, when we are about to be waxed.

Sometimes people just don’t get it. If I wanted to have a conversation, I would have dialed a chat line and certainly not when I have my dick exposed and experiencing considerable pain. The only words that should be coming out of me are, “Arggghhhh” and “Give me morphine!”

Going for a wax is just like any other body treatment with therapists pushing for packages and treatments with fancy names, through hard critique of you. Yes, we all know this is a marketing ploy and that stepping in is an appointment for your self-esteem to take a bashing and come out looking like Rocky Balboa.

In a facial, you suddenly have the worst complexion in the world and you suddenly discover that your skin is in such dire states of dehydration of sorts, that you wonder if grafting skin from your ass is the only solution.

Go for a foot reflexology and you discover that your internal organs are in such a mess that you should either start auctioning it off on eBay to Chinese soup makers, or you start coming back for more massages that will miraculously cure everything down to in-grown toenails.

We are never adequate in these sessions, I’ve learnt that. But, what does it take for some peace and quiet? An iPod? A jab to their throats? This time, it was about in-grown hair and damaging hair follicles, and it took my wax therapist a lot of words to get that message across.

When you don’t take care of your skin, your hairs can’t talk to you and tell you that they are hurt, so the only way for them to complain is to have in-grown hair.”

Like really? If stupidity had a voice, it would have sounded just like that. I didn’t know whether I was supposed to laugh or to bite my tongue off. Maybe I could pretend to faint and she’ll stop talking, but I certainly wasn’t about to risk being rude to someone who was in a position to administer pain to me.

I don’t get it. Is talking suppose to ease the situation? Is the sole intention to make what is already an awkward state irritating as well? Why would men want to talk or hear you complain when they are not wearing pants?

I got by most of the waxing with typical male answers like, “umm”, “yah” and “okay”. Then 10 minutes later, just as I was having wax applied to my ass, I added a string of new vocabulary to the conversation.

Fuckkkk! Damn hot!”

It was so hot, I thought I was having my ass branded and that I might never shit again. It was like accidentally spilling boiling water on your ass, that for a moment I reverted into that reflex butt clench. Of all the questions and she forgot to ask if the wax is too hot for my ass.

4 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! Poor guy. Had a laugh reading this. Point noted, never visit a wax therapist who talks a lot!

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Muthu said...

so...squeaky clean, even ants can slip off your waxed **** this is funny, tot u will nv do it again.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin pas cher, coach purses, hogan, michael kors, sac longchamp, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, abercrombie and fitch, coach outlet, sac guess, hermes, ralph lauren pas cher, coach factory outlet, michael kors, lululemon, nike blazer, nike air max, nike free, ralph lauren uk, air force, new balance pas cher, air jordan pas cher, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, nike roshe, north face, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, michael kors, michael kors, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, oakley pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike air max, nike air max, timberland, kate spade handbags, tn pas cher, coach outlet, longchamp pas cher, air max, north face, mulberry, burberry, true religion outlet, hollister

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160425
louboutin shoes
kate spade handbags
nfl jerseys
louis vuitton outlet stores
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
celine bags
cheap jordans
nfl jerseys
coach outlet store online clearances
rolex watches
michael kors outlet clearance
coach outlet online
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet
gucci handbags
coach factory outlet
nike free uk
oakley sunglasses
jordan 3 powder blue
ray ban sunglasses
adidas factory outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
timberlands
asics shoes for men
michael kors
nike air max
louis vuitton outlet
kate spade handbags
abercrombie outlet
louis vuitton
ugg boots
michael kors outlet online
burberry outlet online
coach outlet
coach outlet
adidas running shoes
replica rolex watches
kobe 8
abercrombie and fitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home