Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Butterfly Hates Jurong Point

There aren’t many things in life that can actually piss me off. I might be guilty of being critical of many things like obesity, non-alcoholic drinks, Chihuahuas and Michael Jackson, but very rarely am I actually compounded with irritation on a singular entity.

Sure I hate rain, but I think they are great for sleeping in. I hate pain, but I'm addicted to tattoos. I hate Whales, but watching them dance has such intrinsic humour in it. I hate laughing at disabilities, but have you guys actually seen Rugby on wheelchairs? I hate Jurong point, PERIOD.

Despite people telling you how small Singapore is, it is not. Not when there is Jurong. I swear, it is in a whole different time zone. As I am typing this, it is 11.30pm from where I stay - which is central-, it is 10pm in Jurong. That’s right, if you are travelling from the East to Jurong, you actually reach your destination ahead of time. That’s how you get daylight savings.

How people in Jurong actually get to work in other parts of the island on time is a mystery to me, because I believe they get up at about 5.00am Jurong time (6.30am standard time) and they make their way to town.

I’ve only been to Jurong Point twice in my life so I have no clue as to why people would actually go there unless they stay there. I would have told you that it’s a dead town, but I was wrong, because there were so many people, I thought I took a wrong turn and ended up in Orchard Road.

The only reason why I actually went to Jurong Point was because my usual hair stylist got transferred there, I was too lazy to find a new one and I thought it’ll be nice to take a drive there. Three words to sum it up.

Worst.Decision.Ever

For one, the journey took forever. I was driving for what I believed to be 2 days and I was expecting to see a welcome to Penang sign by the road anytime soon. When I finally got there, I couldn’t find a parking lot. No parking lot at a neighbourhood mall only says two things to me. Bad architectural planning or supermarket sale.

I finally found a lot and I got up the nearest entrance only to find the place packed with people. It puzzled me, but I was late for my appointment since I didn’t expect Jurong Point to be somewhere near Guangzhou, so I rushed off to find #B1-42.

The bad thing was that people walk VERY slowly there. This is something I am not accustomed to because in Raffles Place, everything moves in double quick time, even the escalators work like it’s on Speed. In Jurong Point, everyone seems like they all came from a mass weed festival, because even Terry Fox would whip their ass in a 100m sprint.

I can’t even begin to use the word ‘strolling’ because these people are stopping to look at every other shop. My gawd people, it’s a neighbourhood joint, it’s the same shit every day. And there I was weaving in and out from the human congestion trying to find a simple unit number, while trying not to trip over a stroller.

Now, how hard can it be to locate a single unit number you ask? Well, if this was like any other shopping mall, then it’ll not be a problem, because all you need is a pair of eyes and simple arithmetic sense. Oh no, but in Jurong Point, you need a fucking GPS.

When I finally found the unit number, it turned out to be Banquet. Like what? So, I whipped out the iPhone and checked the internet again, just in case I got the unit wrong. And there it says, “Begin a New Chapter at Jurong Point….#B1-42”. Begin a new chapter of pissness yes, because I cannot possibly be wrong.

So I turned to the closest guy next to me.

Me: “Is this Jurong Point?”

He gave me the look like I was a moron because, where else can I fucking possibly be in the fucking middle of Jurong? He nodded and walked off. Convinced that he might be new to Jurong too, I made a quick check with the security guy, who also confirmed that I was at the right shopping centre.

I made couple more rounds in the place, but 10 minutes later, equally lost and a lot more irritated, I called up the outlet.

Me: “Hi, can I check with you where is your outlet located exactly?”
She: “We are at #B1-42, Jurong Point.”
Me: “I am at #B1-42 and it says Banquet. There is chicken rice and prawn noodles, but no hair saloon.”
She: “We are opposite DBS.”
Me: “I am new to Jurong Point, I do not know the shops.”
She: “Oh, I think you are at the other Jurong Point.”

There is ANOTHER Jurong Point? Do they not know that when you build a shopping mall, you do not build another with the same name? How many fucking Jurong Points can there possibly be?

So I quickly checked with the security again, who pointed me towards the other Jurong Point. Now, there needs to be a simple rule when it comes to joining shopping malls. Firstly, you show a clear distinction or sign that tells you that you are transiting into a new building. And secondly, send me a fucking SMS when it is done.

Why the hell would you want to make it look like it is a mega mall and have same unit numbers? I hate Jurong Point.

I was 30 minutes late, walked way beyond my daily limit, thirsty and in need of a hair-cut. When I got there, I found out that because I was late, I had to wait for 4 more people before I could cut. You can imagine how thrilled I was to discover this.

So what did I do? I opted for some other stylist to cut my hair. So let me re-cap in case you do not see the moronic underlining of this. I travelled all the way to the West for a specific hair stylist, got lost for 30 minutes, and ended up with a novice stylist that looked like she just came out of a Cosplay convention.

I have got to be the dumbest person in that room.

15 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

strange that u did not get a parking lot there. you are probably at the "old" carpark. haha.

the new carpark has like almost 1500 lots from what was last announced.

unless you went into the new carpark and still no lots. *shurgs* supermarket sales i supposed.

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are amazing, you made a trip to the hair stylist sound more exciting than watching ants marching across my office desk. next time just stick to qb house or ec house, ya?

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To BF: You are in Boon Lay. That's probably another galaxy away from jurong. Looks like you didn't visit on a Sunday. Because the entire Mega Mall turns into Mega Mustafa. The best thing that can happen to you is parking. Dirt cheap.

To the other Anon: Ur an ass to leave your hair to QB/EC house. You don't have a personal stylist?

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no. sadly, balding middle aged guy does not have the privilege of having a personal stylist. :(

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolz..i got freaking lost at jurong point the last time i was there too...too many pple n stuffs

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger bohemian.actress said...

I was lost in jurong point few weeks ago too. I walked at least 1/2 hr back & forth to look for HELLO! Singtel shop.. got 2 jurong point!!!!

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can one's life full of complaint like you

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, jordan shoes, ray ban outlet, christian louboutin shoes, gucci handbags, louboutin shoes, coach outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, nike shoes, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, red bottom shoes, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton outlet, oakley vault, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, nike free, longchamp outlet, nike air max, kate spade outlet online, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion, tiffany and co jewelry, burberry outlet online, kate spade handbags, coach outlet store online, chanel handbags, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike air max, michael kors outlet

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

babyliss pro, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, herve leger, birkin bag, lululemon outlet, bottega veneta, asics shoes, insanity workout, moncler, roshe run, ugg, jimmy choo shoes, ugg outlet, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dresses, canada goose, giuseppe zanotti, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, ugg soldes, uggs outlet, canada goose pas cher, new balance outlet, north face jackets, valentino shoes, instyler ionic styler, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, ghd, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, beats headphones, soccer shoes, uggs on sale, moncler, reebok outlet, nfl jerseys, mont blanc pens, marc jacobs outlet, north face outlet, ugg boots, vans outlet, hollister, moncler, moncler outlet, chi flat iron, celine handbags

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-22 xiaozhengm
Jordan Retro 13 Pink And Grey
UK Louis Vuitton Handbag Outlet
fitflops
michael kors uk
michael kors outlet online
Jordan Retro 8 Playoffs
Christian Louboutin Outlet Authentic Sneakers Online
canada goose jackets
ugg boots australia
ugg boots sale
Jordan Retro 8 Playoffs
Abercrombie Short T-Shirts
Michael Kors Factory Outlet Online Official
Coach Outlet Official Website
Kobe Basketball Shoes For Sale
Designer Handbags Louis Vuitton
uggs australia
air max 95
oakley sunglasses,oakley vault,prescription sunglasses,polarized sunglasses,aviator sunglasses,spy sunglasses,oakleys,oakley canada,cheap oakley sunglasses,oakley frogskins,oakley holbrook,cheap sunglasses,wayfarer sunglasses,oakley standard issue,fake oakleys,oakley glasses,oakley.com,oakley prescription glasses,oakley goggles,sunglasses for men,oakley gascan,oakley store,oakleys sunglasses
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
ugg boots
uggs on sale
celine bag
Coach Factory Outlet Online Authentic
cheap oakley sunglasses
Michael Kors Outlet Online USA Stores
uggs australia
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin pas cher, coach purses, hogan, michael kors, sac longchamp, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, abercrombie and fitch, coach outlet, sac guess, hermes, ralph lauren pas cher, coach factory outlet, michael kors, lululemon, nike blazer, nike air max, nike free, ralph lauren uk, air force, new balance pas cher, air jordan pas cher, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, nike roshe, north face, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, michael kors, michael kors, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, oakley pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike air max, nike air max, timberland, kate spade handbags, tn pas cher, coach outlet, longchamp pas cher, air max, north face, mulberry, burberry, true religion outlet, hollister

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

cheap nfl jersey
michael kors canada
tiffany outlet
moncler outlet
bottega veneta outlet
hollister clothing
ray-ban sunglasses
nba jerseys
ralph lauren outlet
uggs outlet
ugg boots
chanel handbags outlet
uggs outlet
fitflops outlet sale
north face outlet
nike free 5
mac cosmetics
hollister canada
wedding dresses uk
north face jackets
1128minko

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

longchamp bags
ysl outlet online
nba jerseys wholesale
michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors
air jordan shoes
air jordan 4 free shipping
true religion jeans
wedding dresses
rolex watches for sale
uggs outlet
tiffany outlet
hollister,hollister canada,abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie,abercrombie fitch,abercrombie kids,a&f
tiffany jewelry
mulberry outlet online
coach outlet online
salomon speedcross 3
louis vuitton outlet store
canada goose outlet
louis vuitton outlet
true religion jeans
cheap oakley sunglasses
ddddd1211

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger John said...

kate spade handbags
adidas originals shoes
lebron 11
gucci outlet
air force 1
coach factory outlet onlinet
ralph lauren outlet
ugg outlet online
tod's shoes
louis vuitton bags
abercrombie outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
ray bans
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton purses
abercrombie & fitch new york
hollister clearance
replica watches
michael kors outlet
canada goose outlet
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban sunglasses
mihchael kors outlet online sale
oakley sunglasses wholesale
cheap toms
kevin durant shoes 2015
cheap toms
canada goose
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet
lebron 12
cheap toms
giuseppe zanotti
2016302yuanyuan

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

nike huarache
buffalo bills jerseys
sac longchamp
washington redskins jerseys
under armour shoes
ed hardy outlet
ray bans
michael kors handbags
cheap jordans
2017.3.12

 

Post a Comment

<< Home