Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Perth Stories - The 'Pick Me Up'

With all my impulsive holidays, I've come to realise that walking around town alone is one of the mandatory itineraries I've unwittingly subscribed to. I did that in Adelaide whilst having to wait for Minori to end work and covered the entire city in 4 hours. Now, having to wait for Eugg to end his white collared contribution to keep his PR, I might have covered Perth in about.. 2 hours.

Trapped in a foreign land without a sight of a single Louis Vuitton boutique, I did what all other trendy and exciting 26yr old would have done. Find the nearest Borders and hide in a corner.

From time to time, I'd allow myself to venture out to the open and infuse a prosiac dose of the Perth lifestyle. It's banausic shopping married to a plodding pace of life. It's so slow it's like driving Miss Daisy. I walk only for two reasons, to watch street buskers and ice-blended juices.

There was one particular busker that was giving pretty amusing commentary. He was in a pirate garb and trying to squeeze himself through a racquet. I stopped because I thought this dude might die and I would get to see how slow the amublances got there.

Busker: "I'm a professional busker and this is what I do. I also do gardening on the side, so if you have plants, I will water it. If you have weed, I will smoke it..."

I burst out laughing and parents with kids around me started starring at me. I had successfully promoted the 'Asians abuse drugs' sterotype. Parents have no sense of humour.

2 toilet breaks and a servere lip crack later, I needed to re-hydrate myself and since the nearest pub was 10 mins away, I decided to stick to fruit juices. Then there was Java Juice (or some shit like that)..

Girl: "Hi! What can I get you?"

I took a quick scan at the menu above the bar.

Me: "What's good here?"
Girl: "Ermm, just about everything."
Me: "I'll have to break a bank for that..."
Girl: "Haha... are you on holiday?"
Me: "Yea.."

This was a Caucasian waitress, cute and she had huge boobs that were beckoning me to end my conversation and skip right into oogling.

Girl: "Where you from? Japan?"
Me: "Nah... Singapore."
Girl: "Ahh nice country.. very clean!"

If you've spoken to enough foreigners who have NEVER been to Singapore, you'll realise that they always say the same shit to you. It's a close race between, "it's a clean country" and "is that in China?"

Me: "You've never been there before, right?"
Girl: "Oh you got me! Haha, nah I've never but I've heard lots of stories from my friends!"
Me: "That's cos we get thrown in jail for littering.."
Girl: "Are you serious?!"

People, the world is fair. You can be stupid, but you better have huge boobs. I love this girl already.

Girl: "Pick me up?"
Me: "What?"

If there was anything that could describe me, it would be a kaleidescope of shock and ecstasy. It was like walking into Gucci and getting hit by discounts. I love myself and obviously Caucasians love me too.

Girl: "Ermm.. pick me up?"
Me: "Pick you up?"

I grinned. I'd never imagine Caucasians to be THIS forthcoming. This is Bang Bus all over again, except in the streets and with clothes on. I love Perth and I'm shipping my stuff over to stay.

Girl: "Pick ME up... you know.. the drink?"

She points to the menu.

FUCKING SHIT! Who the FUCK names a drink 'Pick Me Up'!! I glanced towards the direction of her index finger.

'A smooth blend of Banana and Raspberry..."

Me: "Oh.. Pick Me Up. Yes. I'll have that...."

I paid, left to find a place to jump off to kill myself, then realised the tallest buildings around were 4 stories. Since I might chip a nail doing so, I decided against it and went back to Borders to read Harry Potter.

I hate Perth. I hate me. And I hate drinking juices.


P.S: I made one purchase. A pair of white aviators. I love it.

4 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

Wah. Malu! Haha!

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! You're cute. and VERY funny.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin pas cher, coach purses, hogan, michael kors, sac longchamp, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, abercrombie and fitch, coach outlet, sac guess, hermes, ralph lauren pas cher, coach factory outlet, michael kors, lululemon, nike blazer, nike air max, nike free, ralph lauren uk, air force, new balance pas cher, air jordan pas cher, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, nike roshe, north face, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, michael kors, michael kors, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, oakley pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike air max, nike air max, timberland, kate spade handbags, tn pas cher, coach outlet, longchamp pas cher, air max, north face, mulberry, burberry, true religion outlet, hollister

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg boots uk, converse outlet, lancel, gucci, swarovski crystal, hollister, barbour, moncler, nike air max, canada goose outlet, links of london, ugg pas cher, converse, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour jackets, pandora charms, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, pandora jewelry, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, swarovski, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, karen millen, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online, montre pas cher, michael kors handbags, supra shoes, toms shoes, wedding dresses, moncler, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada

 

Post a Comment

<< Home