Sunday, December 02, 2007

Butterfly Leaves Survey Woman Speechless

You've all had it. The telephone survey request that always seems to be catching you at mid movies, hounding you with endless questions, when they actually promised it would, "only take a minute of your time".

It was some lifestyle survey that got me answering questionaires like, "do you exercise regularly" and "do you watch what you eat". What am I? Richard Simmons? I drink beer and insult fat people, that's what I do. I was at mid movie and realised 'no' was the answer that would fast track me out of the whole ordeal.

Then it went on to some open ended questions about driving in the KPE and about describing some suggestions that I thought would be three useful safety tips for road commuters travelling in the tunnel.

Me: "Don't speed? Keep a safe distance? And always carry a baseball bat?"
She: "Why a baseball bat?"
Me: "Road rage is the number one traffic killer.."

She: "Sir, we're coming to the end of this survey. What in your opinion is the greatest cause for obesity in society today."

Me: "Stupidity."

It left her silent for so long, I actually thought the interview was over and that she hung up on me without so much as a verbal appreciation of my time in participating. The reply came so naturally to me, it was like giving birth. Apparently, I was wrong..

She: "Ermm.. it's a multiple choice question actually..."

Me: "Oh.. it's not one of the options huh? Hello?"

Silence fell again. I don't know if she was laughing or drinking slimming tea but I guess I leave women speechless out of bed as well. I love myself.