Monday, June 18, 2007

Butterfly Attempts Pub Crawling.. Fails

Its been over 2 years since I last attempted a pub crawl. The last one I did with Eugg, we clocked 7 pubs and half of it we shamelessly bargained for free entry and promotional prices for beer. 2 years on, older but with significantly less maturity and an appetite to drink a brewery dry, I pitch my pub crawling plan..

We start off with dinner at Ember. Well it might as well have been supper and breakfast because it was a fucking expensive dinner. I start calculating the number of vodkas and champagnes I can have instead.

10.30pm: Dinner ends. I start suggesting fringe pubs. I throw up vulgar words like "Boat Quay" and "Mohd Sultan". Est is not pleased. LB is indifferent. Doh thinks Boat Quay is a great idea. She is immediately my best friend of the night.

11.00pm: We cannot get a cab. Est looks like she will stab our taxi driver. LB is still indifferent and Doh's enthusiam is waning. I am perhaps the only one who still believes pub crawling is a great idea.

11.20pm: We finally get to Boat Quay and we head off to find some pub that Doh's friends are at.

11.23pm: We ask for directions. No one has heard of the place before. Sounds like a great place to go already.

11.24pm: Kind bouncer points us in the direction. We think he is the kindest soul on earth and I contemplate giving me a handshake.

Bouncer: "Head straight up there, you'll see it"

11.26pm: We are lost. If we head up straight somemore, we'd be in Malacca catching fighting spiders. Bouncer obviously pointed us in the wrong direction, that idiot. We hate him and I start finding kerosene bottles to set his pub ablaze.

11.30pm: We finally find the place, which happens to be directly where we alighted from the cab. Obviously, enthusiam marrs our ability to read pub names.

11.35pm: The pub is a ktv joint. Doh's friends start offering us drinks. I suddenly think the night is going to be great.

11.45pm: I'm bored. I start telling LB that I'm going to tank myself up with alcohol shamelessly. I furtively start gulping all the drinks on our side of the table. LB thinks I'm an idiot.

11.50pm: Est engages in 5-10 with one of the guys. This guy says ONLY one thing in the game. "TEN!".

12.00pm: Doh starts another game of 5-10 with anoher guy. He also says only one thing, "TEN!". I deduce that this is a game that is disadvantageous to people with limited capacity in counting and vocabulary.

12.10am: Some dude pours green tea into my whiskey. I frown at him for diluting my drink. He thinks it's because I don't like green tea.

12.30am: We finally leave for some other pub to use the toilet. Don't ask why.

12.31am: Est suggest drawing cards to drink. We decide on tequila shots.

Me: "How much for tequila shots?"
Barmaid: "$14"
Me: "$14?! With a free bicycle?!"

We end up having Martini dry with coke. LB is adamant that the urine she just gave us isn't coke.

12.40am: Barmaid tells me that she gave me double pax for my drinks. I tell her that this is the most romantic thing anyone has said to me all week long. She laughs and thinks I'm funny.

12.45am: Barmaid gives me another glass on the house. I love being me.

1.00am: We decide to walk to another pub.

1.10am: Nearest pub we can dance at is about 3 years of walking away. I start getting sober so I become grouchy.

1.40am: We decide on The Clinic and I go straight to ordering a round of martini. I take a sip and we head for the dance floor.

1.44am: The music is so bad, only tone deaf people are dancing. We head back to finish the drinks and finally cave in to MoS.

2.20am: Est and I are plastered to the bar ordering continuous rounds of tequila shots and cocktails. LB has surrendered himself to sleep and Doh is occupied with one of her male friends. We complain aloud about them then realise our one true love is alcohol.

3.00am: I see people gathering around to watch something and realise Ash is giving a shuffle performance.

Me: "Is this the convention for envy? Why is everyone just looking?!"

One guy apparently got my sarcasm and he was laughing. The other girl just said, "We are watching the Melbourne Shuffle". What an idiot.

I was high and very amused by the crowd that shuffling was drawing. One guy started going into the circle to dance. He was horrible, he wasn't shuffling and he looked like he was going to poke someone accidentally in the eye before the night was over. I shouted,

Me: "Hey kids, this is what happens when you take too much drugs!"

3.10am: I am now the guy who shouts alot.

3.11am: People start moving into the circle. Ash pulls me in, "Let's show them our stuff", and for a moment I thought we were going to strip.

3.14am: I am now the guy who shuffles and gets free drinks.

Ash drags me off and rambles something about having her drink spiked but my immediate concern is when my next glass of whiskey is coming.

5.00am: Indian guy tries to pick Est up. I, in an irrational state, taps him on the shoulder and tells him, verbatim, "fuck off".

His friend is staring at me and wants to pick a fight. I measure the odds. There are 4 of them. I am half pissed, too tired to even dodge a punch but in full confidence of the bouncers. I wave them off.

The friend is absolutely furious at me and the only thing keeping me from pissing my pants is my very poor assessment of the situation when I am inebriated. Thankfully, he has one sober friend that is keeping him from beating the shit out of me.

I live to get drunk another day. I love myself.

8 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

I hate seeing 0 comments so I'm leaving this comment so it won't be 0 anymore. I got beer belly from last night...

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hb is right, how come with the popularity of this blog, no one seems to be leaving comments?

great post btw, i thoroughly enjoyed it!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, jordan shoes, ray ban outlet, christian louboutin shoes, gucci handbags, louboutin shoes, coach outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, nike shoes, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, red bottom shoes, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton outlet, oakley vault, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, nike free, longchamp outlet, nike air max, kate spade outlet online, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion, tiffany and co jewelry, burberry outlet online, kate spade handbags, coach outlet store online, chanel handbags, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike air max, michael kors outlet

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

babyliss pro, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, herve leger, birkin bag, lululemon outlet, bottega veneta, asics shoes, insanity workout, moncler, roshe run, ugg, jimmy choo shoes, ugg outlet, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dresses, canada goose, giuseppe zanotti, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, ugg soldes, uggs outlet, canada goose pas cher, new balance outlet, north face jackets, valentino shoes, instyler ionic styler, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, ghd, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, beats headphones, soccer shoes, uggs on sale, moncler, reebok outlet, nfl jerseys, mont blanc pens, marc jacobs outlet, north face outlet, ugg boots, vans outlet, hollister, moncler, moncler outlet, chi flat iron, celine handbags

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-22 xiaozhengm
canada goose outlet usa
Nike Lebron James Shoes For Sale
Michael Kors Outlet Discount Purses Online
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
michael kors outlet online
Michael Kors Factory Outlet Online Official
Louis Vuitton Outlet Factory Online
Air Jordan 3 "Infrared 23"
Cheap Real Louis Vuitton Handbags
coach outlet online
Louis Vuitton Backpack Purse
cheap ugg boots
Authentic Coach Factory Outlet Online
michael kors outlet
Abercrombie & Fitch Kids Clothing
ralph lauren polo outlet
coach factory outlet
Outlet Michael Kors Online
michael kors uk
uggs clearance
Michael Kors Online Store Outlet
Air Jordan Shoes For Women And Men
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
ugg boots outlet
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
ugg boots
Air Jordan 4 Green Glow
Coach Factory Online Outlet Cheap Purses
Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Outlet
louis vuitton outlet
coach factory outlet
michale kors outlet
cheap jerseys

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin pas cher, coach purses, hogan, michael kors, sac longchamp, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, abercrombie and fitch, coach outlet, sac guess, hermes, ralph lauren pas cher, coach factory outlet, michael kors, lululemon, nike blazer, nike air max, nike free, ralph lauren uk, air force, new balance pas cher, air jordan pas cher, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, nike roshe, north face, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, michael kors, michael kors, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, oakley pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike air max, nike air max, timberland, kate spade handbags, tn pas cher, coach outlet, longchamp pas cher, air max, north face, mulberry, burberry, true religion outlet, hollister

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg boots uk, converse outlet, lancel, gucci, swarovski crystal, hollister, barbour, moncler, nike air max, canada goose outlet, links of london, ugg pas cher, converse, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour jackets, pandora charms, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, pandora jewelry, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, swarovski, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, karen millen, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online, montre pas cher, michael kors handbags, supra shoes, toms shoes, wedding dresses, moncler, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

redskins jerseys
michael kors uk
adidas nmd
jordan shoes
longchamp bags
baltimore ravens jerseys
nike huarache trainers
supra shoes sale
tennessee titans jersey
san francisco 49ers jerseys
2017.3.12

 

Post a Comment

<< Home