Monday, June 18, 2007

In memory, Michael

I maybe wrong, but I believe there are nights when angels cry.. and they cry for you..

We visited Michael's niche on Sunday. Just the handful of us who could make it on such short notice, but it was enough. From the night Daniel broke the news to me in Perth till the day we finally organised ourselves to go down to Mandai Crematorium, I've been think alot of my army days and the time however short it might have been that we shared with him.

And a part of it is illustrated in guilt. My refusal to believe in his insanity, to belive that men crumble and surrender to life so easily, not when we struggled so hard together to keep faith between us. I wondered how much it would take to push a man to the brink of embracing death and how he must have laid on his bed of contempt, his hope for life gone beyond the recall of rationality. Then I felt guilt kick in, for not showing that extra concern.. for fading away like everyone else.

Pictures, they remind me of how you once were. They remind me of a time I seldom recall, but never forget. They remind me of how you once made us laugh. They remind me of you.

For what we have preservered, the world knows not and it is not in them to judge. Against All Adversity.

HUA!