Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Car and Tissue Incident

Despite qualifying for the Mensa society and having an IQ higher than 85% of the general population, I’ve come to realize that I’m pretty much an idiot, 90% of the time. When I’m drunk, which is probably 40% of the time, I’m pretty much only smart enough to tell vodka from martini and I think everything is a good idea, picking up whales included.

It’s a matter of statistics. It eventually sums up idiocy.

Last Friday, I chalked up one more impressive feat. Now I just need to continuously keep this up and I can qualify for the next Olympics as a proud member of the Singapore Spastics Association.

While waiting in the car queue outside MoS, I decided to reward my patience and perfume myself with a Dunhill Frost. For those not readily familiar with this scent, it’s the same cigarette laced breath u get from Marlboro.

Just as I’m about done, a police car pulls up behind me. Well, it was actually behind me the whole time, I just failed to realize a white car with a damn beacon is the sole property of the police force.

And I became faced with the greatest dilemma in the history of mankind since Saddam decided invading Kuwait was a good idea. Women face such crisis after every shower when they have to pick their clothes. Do I throw the butt out the window or do I find a way to extinguish it inside? I weigh my options,

1. Throw the butt out..

Cops get out of car to knock on my door. I step out, try to bribe them, they reject and I get my ass beat to the ground. If I show enough contempt, they might tazer my ass. On top of that, I get a $500 fine and I have to show up in court.

2. Extinguish the butt…

I have no ashtray, nothing that seemed (at that time) remotely useful in snuffing out my fag and I was going to risk dangerous particles like loose ash and cigarette smoke to be lingering in my car.

I went immediately for option 1 since I’m adverse to violence and confrontations. I quickly pulled out a piece of tissue, folded it then attempted to extinguish the cigarette against it. I intermittently switched between twisting the butt against it and quick brushes, careful enough to prevent the tissue from catching fire. I finally wrapped the extinguished butt in the tissue and left it on the door handle. I am a genius.

2 mins on into my phone conversation with wildflower, I started smelling something. Almost like tiramisu.. I ignored the smell, attributing it to be from the linger aroma of the cigarette.
Then from the corner of my eye, I saw smoke coming out from the….. FUCKING HELL!!! I must have secretly picked option 3..

3. Burn the car

My tissue was burning up very quickly and in my frantic disposition to arrest the fiasco, I took another tissue to wrap around the one which was burning up. I slowly recalled my physics lessons. Fire needs oxygen to burn, hence covering the flame takes out oxygen and hence the fire.

The outer tissue starts to burn as well....

I start wondering if I got my brains at the discount section. I start blowing the tissue, which only sets it burning fast. In a desperate attempt to save my car, I contemplated throwing the tissue out the car. I’m sure the cops would be really happy about it.

Ashes start flying and falls to my lap. I spit onto the tissue to stop it from burning. Finally, I am back to being the genius I am. I look down to see the ash burning a hole on my pants. FUCK!

I might have broken the World Record for ‘Most number of expletives used in a sentence when alone’. If I counted the number of times I shouted “fuck”, “chee bye” and “oh shit!”, I would have enough words to write the 8th book of Harry Potter.

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

Piangz.. Extinguish on ur lab.. haha

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Zor said...

you stupid boy. good to know even butterfly can be a dodo. next time spit on the bloody tissue first la!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, prada handbags, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, replica watches, burberry outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, nike air max, nike free, longchamp, replica watches, nike air max, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, burberry, louis vuitton

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin pas cher, coach purses, hogan, michael kors, sac longchamp, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, abercrombie and fitch, coach outlet, sac guess, hermes, ralph lauren pas cher, coach factory outlet, michael kors, lululemon, nike blazer, nike air max, nike free, ralph lauren uk, air force, new balance pas cher, air jordan pas cher, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, nike roshe, north face, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, michael kors, michael kors, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, oakley pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike air max, nike air max, timberland, kate spade handbags, tn pas cher, coach outlet, longchamp pas cher, air max, north face, mulberry, burberry, true religion outlet, hollister

 

Post a Comment

<< Home