Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Phone Survey

Some girl called to do a phone survey on some community stuff. I being ever helpful, agreed to help the poor soul. Plus the fact that her voice was sweet. I ended up sprouting rubbish, giving false information and flirting with her.

Some excerpts from the survey, most of which covered on politics which I know almost nothing about.

She: "so can you name me some government bodies?"
Me: "Like what?"
She: "Like Ministry of Education.."
Me: "Oh.. Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Manpower, Ministry of Sound.."

It took her about a second to register that. She chuckled then proceeded to correct me.

She: "I don't think thats a government body."
Me: "They make tons of money from the public, have poor response services and try to stuff out all competition, sounds very much like a government body to me."


She: "So do you belong to any social groups or community?"
Me: "Alcoholics Annoymous"

She: "So how would you spend your free time?"
Me: "Drinking."
She: "Would you participate in any social groups organised by your constituency?"
Me: "If they have free booze and food, yes."
She: "Errmm ok, so would you be interested in helping out in social work organised by your constituency?"
Me: "whats the pay structure on that?"
She: "ohh, I think you don't get paid to do social work."
Me: "Do I get to drink on the job?"

As much as I was digressing away from the questions and being a total ass, this girl was rather patient and she commended me on my rather "interesting response" (sic)

She: "Do you follow politics?"
Me: "No..."
She: "Do you discuss about politics?"
Me: "No.."
She: "Who would you most likely discuss politics with?"
Me: "I'm 24 going on 25.. my life is all about cars, partying and women, in my world we get laughed at for discussing politics."


She: "Can I have your date of birth?"
Me: " [i tell her]. And whats yours?"
She: "Ermm, I'm the surveyor.."
Me: "The things people say after I give them my time.."
She: "Hahaha, I'm alot younger than you."


She: "What's your yearly income before taxes last year?"
Me: "For last year, its pretty much in the red."
She: "A rough estimate? Or I can write undisclosed."
Me: "Why can't you write in the red?"

She: "What's your combined annual household income."
Me: " over 100k"
She: "Wow, no wonder can always go Ministry of Sound.."
Me: "well, it won't sound as impressive if I told you I have 7 siblings, and both parents all working."
She: "ohh.."

note: In case you don't know me.. I'm kidding on this. I only have a sister.

Me: "Enough about me. So how much do you get paid?"
She: "Huh.. can't say lah.."
Me: "I bet it's damn miserable. Getting low pay for having to talk so much and irritate people."
She: "Was I very irritating?
Me: "You would have been, thankfully you have a very nice voice."
She: "Oh thanks."

She: "Just finishing up, I need to get your personal information."
Me: "My contact number?"
She: "Ermm no, your particulars. Hahaha, but you could give it to me if you want. Just kidding."

She: "Your current profession?"
Me: "Still studying, you can put in Party Addict if you want."
She: "Erm, I'll stick to 'student'. Which school?"
Me: "NUS."
She: "Wow, an undergraduate, Alcoholics Annoymous and loves Ministry of Sound, quite interesting."
Me: "Are you hitting on me?"
She: "Wha... what!??"

To be honest I was cheeky only on some parts of the conversation. Most of the other time I was clueless on some of the stuff she asked. Mostly about my constituency MP and the activities of the community. I know shit about those stuff. I replied, "not interested" and "don't know" for a good number of questions regarding politics. Seriously, but I doubt private housing is very much affected by the activities of MPs, I mean, they can't build lifts for us or anything. So I pretty much don't need them now do I?

5 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL !!! damn funny ... hey come u get this kind of survey calls ?? .. n all I get are some stoopid "U won sometin but u nd to come listen to some stoopid hard sell cruise package or watever" calls ... blearghh .. sigh ... btw think did u pass her ur contact no. ?? :)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger The Butterfly said...

Ya i get those shit calls too..

"you won a laptop cos u entered some lucky draw at xxxx.."

"ohh wait u neeed to be 25. ohh, ya not 25 yet, i tell u wat, i'll hold on to ya prize and i'll contact u again when u turn 25.."

GO FUCK A COW!

no i didn't, as much as a slut i can be theres a limit to my actions.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin pas cher, coach purses, hogan, michael kors, sac longchamp, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, abercrombie and fitch, coach outlet, sac guess, hermes, ralph lauren pas cher, coach factory outlet, michael kors, lululemon, nike blazer, nike air max, nike free, ralph lauren uk, air force, new balance pas cher, air jordan pas cher, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, nike roshe, north face, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, michael kors, michael kors, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, oakley pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike air max, nike air max, timberland, kate spade handbags, tn pas cher, coach outlet, longchamp pas cher, air max, north face, mulberry, burberry, true religion outlet, hollister

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg boots uk, converse outlet, lancel, gucci, swarovski crystal, hollister, barbour, moncler, nike air max, canada goose outlet, links of london, ugg pas cher, converse, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour jackets, pandora charms, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, pandora jewelry, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, swarovski, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, karen millen, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online, montre pas cher, michael kors handbags, supra shoes, toms shoes, wedding dresses, moncler, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors outlet online
christian louboutin,louboutin,louboutin outlet,louboutin outlet italia,scarpe louboutin
coach outlet online
tiffany and co
coach outlet online
hermes belt for sale
swarovski crystal
barbour jackets
new balance shoes
north face outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
cheap ugg boots
coach outlet store
phone cases
lululemon pants
ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet
coach handbags outlet
michael kors handbags outlet
fitflop sale
michael kors factory store
1205minko

 

Post a Comment

<< Home